What can Ritalin 20 mg Help to Do?
Ritalin helps adults, and children to get control over ADHD symptoms. It improves the listening power to stay focused on a particular topic. It also helps to behave like a normal person with controlled behavior.
Some people having narcolepsy sleeping disorder also take Ritalin to be active for some hours. This routine also balances our timetable of sleeping.
How to use Ritalin For ADHD & Narcolepsy
Ask your doctor, how to use it, or follow the prescription as per your need. No matter why you are using the Ritalin medicine, it should be consulted by a healthcare provider, doctor, or by pharmacist.
For the Use Of ADHD:
Doctors normally recommend using the medicine 2-3 times a day for ADHD patients. But it can vary from person to person. Doctors suggest taking the Ritalin 20 mg dose after having food.
For Narcolepsy Use:
It is very effective for narcolepsy. It cures the extra sleepiness problem and makes you awake full for a long time. Doctors suggest to take the Ritalin tablet during the daytime, otherwise, it may cause a sleeping disorder of insomnia.
Restriction On Ritalin, While In Use:
The regular dose can cure the ADHD issue as well as the Narcolepsy problem. But if you will stop the medicine suddenly there are 90% of chances facing withdrawal symptoms. Apart from this, there are some other problems that you may face. So read the following points carefully;
- Consult your doctor, if you want to stop the Ritalin 20 mg dose. The doctor may suggest you reduce the dose to Ritalin 10 mg.
- Avoid taking the medicine in the evening or the night time.
- Missed doses and overdose problems are very common, but it can be harmful. Although Ritalin is not so harmful, you should be concerned about it.
- Make a checklist of medicine, and eat the medicine at the right time.
- Do not take the medicine without a doctor’s consultation, nor increase or decrease the dose yourself.
- Don’t be addicted to the medicine. Addiction is cause, because of overdose, and alcohol. So keep away from that.
Side Effects and Withdrawal Symptoms Of Ritalin 20 mg
Usually, doctors don’t recommend any kind of medicine, which will harm the patient. If the doctor is prescribing you Ritalin he/she must be observed the condition and gave you the best treatment. In that case, there are minimum chances of facing side effects. But some face the side effects badly. Read the following to know the side effects;
- Increased heart rate or blood pressure
- Decreased appetite
- Trouble in sleep
- Irritability, vomiting
- Mood swings
- Blurred vision
- Changes in behavior, and mood
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Unusual wounds
General Questions on Ritalin
How much Ritalin can you take in a day?
According to the doctor’s prescription, the average dose is 20 to 30 milligrams (mg) per day. The doctor advises on the patients’ behavioral conditions.
Is safe to give Ritalin tablets to children?
Ritalin is used for children above six years. It is necessary to consult with doctors before giving Ritalin pills to the child.
What will the doctor check the patient first?
The Doctor should take a full check-up of the patient’s health condition with family history before advising Ritalin Pills. Keeping eye on the problem of the patient like problems in the heart, high blood pressure, psychosis, bipolar disorder doctor should prescribe the medication.