Xanax and Weed (cannabis, marijuana) are two substances that are commonly used to treat Panic Disorders and Anxiety. Xanax and Marijuana both are legal drugs. People sometimes mix them together when they are looking for relief. Mixing these substances is usually safe in low doses but we all know that everyone reacts to medicines differently, and maybe the effect of this combination can be unpredictable or dangerous.
If you have taken these medicines before with a high dose of Xanax then don’t worry these two substances are not life-threatening combo, but they can cause severe side effects. Please continue reading to learn about Xanax and Weed and whether it is safe or not.
What Is Weed And Xanax?
A psychoactive drug derived from the cannabis plant known as Marijuana. Weed is a vernacular name for marijuana. It is a legal drug in states across the country. It has different factors but is most well-known is Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). The important part of why this medicine is used with other medications is responsible for the drug’s wide range of psychoactive effects. Xanax is a benzodiazepine medicine used to treat GAD and panic disorders. Both have some intoxicating effects and some side effects.
What Happens When You Mix Xanax And Weeds?
We know that Xanax is an FDA-approved medication used to treat Panic disorders and anxiety. Weeds and Xanax both are antidepressant medicines and have similar effects on the brain and central nervous system(CNS). Mixing these substances has more risks than benefits and you should not combine these without Your doctor’s permission.
Benefits of Xanax And Weeds:
Weeds and alprazolam both are antidepressants that can have powerful effects on our body and mind. It can produce euphoria, relaxation, and Calming effects that lead to intense feelings of relaxation.
When you eat Xanax edibles create longer-lasting reactions than you’d experience with smoking. It takes 15-45 minutes to metabolize into active THC and the effects of Xanax and weed last between 2-6 hours, depending on the patient’s condition.
We know that Xanax is a benzodiazepine medicine to treat mental health problems. Xanax used to work in the Central nervous system of the brain. It increases the activity of GABA which leads to a calming and relaxing effect. So, this medicine is one of the most powerful anti-anxiety medicines.
Weed stronger the effect of the benzodiazepine medicines especially sedative and inebriating qualities and that helps the patient to relieve anxiety, relax the muscles, and solve their sleep problems. It’s okay to use these medicines for short-term use but long-term use may be dangerous. So, before mixing them, ask your doctor if it is suitable for you or not.
Risk of Xanax And Weeds:
A low Dose of Xanax and weed-safe consumption increases the effect of the medicines but high-dose of Xanax with weed increases the sedative effects of Xanax which can be dangerous.
- Every person responds to medicines differently including this combination. Taking this combination can worsen your anxiety, and feelings of paranoia, and increase your heartbeat. It may show the overdose symptoms, fully depending on the patient’s tolerance. We highly doubt that a specific Xanax weed strain would give you an effect similar to taking actual Alprazolam.
- Both are always fighting for enzymes in the liver which can slow down the metabolism of Xanax. This causes a backlog of both drugs as the liver struggles to metabolize everything as fast as possible. xanax for weed withdrawal is severe.
- Xanax interacts dangerously with Other substances like CBD, opioids, alcohol, and other central nervous system depressants. Taking weed with Xanax can increase the effect of medicines in the body that impact the central nervous system.
- Xanax has addictive substances when used for a long time. Taking these combinations can raise the chance of addiction problems. If you take more Xanax than prescribed by your doctor or take a higher dose of Xanax with weeds or alcohol then it can cause substance abuse addiction.
- Mixing Xanax and weed can cause some common side effects or severe side effects. So, the common side effects of this combination are Severe drowsiness, Dizziness or lightheadedness, Vomiting, Slurred speech, and Nausea.
Severe Side effects are Blurry vision, Respiratory depression, Impaired cognitive functioning, Overdose, Hallucinations, Aggressive thoughts or behavior, Seizures, and Memory Impairment.
Safety Instructions: Xanax And Weeds
It is best to avoid mixing Xanax and weed because it has fewer benefits and more risks. It is okay to take a lower dose of Xanax with weeds but a higher dose of Xanax and weeds can cause a bad reaction or medicine overdose.
If you mix them in the past then follow these safety instructions and you can make things safer for yourself.
- Taking a lower dose of these two substances can reduce the chances of medicine overdose and side effects.
- Don’t lie down keep standing or seated in one place. Both have highly sedative substances that can lead to nausea and vomiting, so always remain seated to avoid choking in case you throw up.
- Choose a safe setting, this can make it hard for you to stay awake potentially leaving you vulnerable.
- Don’t do it alone. Have someone near you who knows the signs of trouble in case you need help.
- Drink plenty of water. It can help you prevent dehydration, and symptoms of a weed hangover.
- Avoid doing this because both have dependency and addiction factors.
- Never mix other substances like alcohol in these combinations because they can cause unpredictable side effects.
Consult with your doctor or health care providers for more safety instructions that can help you in emergency situations.
Xanax And Weed: Symptoms when you need help
A low dose of Xanax and weed combo is safe for some people. Every drug combination is not suitable for everyone. It also depends on the medicine formulation, patient’s medical history, age, weight, and many other factors. If you take Xanax and weeds combination and show these symptoms call the emergency number immediately.
Symptoms are Nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, Shortness of breath, irregular heart rate, Hallucinations, seizures, Aggression, Slurred speech, and loss of consciousness.
Is it Safe to Use Xanax And Weed?
Can you mix Xanax and weed? Yes, You mix them together but before you know that taking Xanax and Weeds has some short-term benefits or relaxation. But both have a higher chance of addiction then you should avoid taking this combination. Each can increase the effect of the other medicines, so it can lead to severe drowsiness, confusion, and difficulties with concentration. It can also slow reflexes and judgment, increasing the risk of accidents.
Small doses of these substances can not cause serious consequences but things can take a turn because every combination is not suitable for everyone. So, we advise you that avoid these combinations in every possible way and forget wine weed, and xanax. If you’re worried about your previous substance use then read the above safety instructions.
We hope that the above information was helpful to you to know what you do or not. If you need more information then visit our link or contact us.