Use of Oxycodone 5mg:
Oxycodone 5mg dose depends on the patients’ health condition. The doctor will prescribe the lowest dosage for the shortest pain feelings for the patient. Take this medication only with or without food as directed by your doctor. Swallow whole the tablet with a glass of water, and never crush or chew the tablet. If the patient feels nausea, it may help to take this drug with food. Take advice from the doctor or pharmacist about other ways to decrease nausea. The patient takes rest after taking Oxycodone 5mg for decreasing nausea. Oxycodone 5mg tablets should be taken at 12-hourly intervals and its dosage may increase the severity of the pain.
Side effects of Oxycodone:
Keep in mind that the side effects of a drug can depend on:
- Age of the patient
- Physical conditions of the patient
- Taking other medications with Oxycodone 5 mg.
Some of the mild side effects that oxycodone causes. Mild side effects of oxycodone 5mg tablets include::
- Dry mouth
- Drowsy feelings.
Rare side effects:
- Adrenal Gland Problems
- Low Levels Of White Blood Cells
- Addiction To A Drug
- Generalized Weakness
Precautions for using Oxycodone 5 mg:
This medicine should not be given down a feeding tube.
- You may feel sleepy while taking this medicine so avoid tasks done physically and mentally such as driving or operating machinery.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Oxycodone 5 mg.
- While the patient taking Oxycodone 5 mg avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice.because grapefruit may increase the side effects in the body with this medicine.
- Read all the medicine strips’ expiration dates before taking the medicine.
- Always take active ingredients on medicine labels.
- Breastfeeding mothers and pregnant ladies never take the medicine.
- When a patient has not required Oxycodone 5mg, she needs to withdraw the medicine gradually with taking some period.
- Keep medicine stips in a safe place where the children cannot reach.
FAQ on Oxycodone
How long does it work after taking Oxycodone 5mg to work?
The patient starts feeling the effects of oxycodone in just 20 to 30 minutes. Oxycodone dissolves at a peak in the bloodstream within one to two hours of taking.
Will the patient need to use oxycodone 5mg oral tablets for the long term?
There is no time limit for how long a patient will take oxycodone 5mg oral tablets. But the doctor will prescribe to the patient at the lowest dosage for the shortest time to help relieve the pain. Long-term use of the medicine Oxycodone 5mg can lead to the severity of the pain.
Can Oxycodone 5mg oral tablets be chewed, crushed, or split?
No, the patient should not cut, chew, or crush oxycodone 5mg tablets. The patient should swallow the tablets with a full glass of water. If the patient feels difficulty swallowing the tablets, ask your doctor about other pain management options. The doctor can better guide the patient to use other forms of the drug, such as the liquid solution, or injecting.