Ambien 5 mg is the smaller dose of Zolpidem, that is used to treat insomnia problems, and sleeping disorders in adults. It is an effective sleeping pill, that falls you asleep within 1 hour for 7-12 hours. The doctor prescribed Ambien is only allowed in the United States. So, it is unofficial to buy Ambien online or from an off-store without a prescription.
Identification: Identify Real Ambien
There are many chemist shops and other street medicine suppliers, who are selling fake Ambien to the users. So it is very important to keep away from fraud. Read the following identification detail of the Ambien to know the original appearance of Ambien 5 mg.
Size: 10.00 mm
Drug Class: Sedatives, Miscellaneous anxiolytics, and hypnotics
Dose Quantity: 5 mg
Generic Name: Zolpidem
Brand Name: Ambien
Imprints: AMB 5 5401
Inactive Ingredients: Magnesium stearate, Titanium dioxide, Microcrystalline cellulose, Polysorbate 80, FD&C Red No. 40
Pregnancy Risk Category: C, can’t be recommended for a pregnant lady
Use: The Using Direction
Zolpidem is available in oral tablet form. So like other medicine pills, it is also suggested to take the pill by mouth directly with some water. It should be taken before going to bed on an empty stomach.
If your doctor prescribed another way to take the oral then follow it. Because your doctor knows your condition better.
Remember: Don’t crush, snot, or break the medicine into two parts. And use this medicine for a valid purpose. Using Ambien without prescriptions is considered illegal in the United States. A user without a prescription can be punished for years in jail as a prison and can pay penalties.
Where to Store:
- No doubt the medicine is used to treat sleeping disorders but it is not safe for all people, especially for children.
- So keep away the medicine from children, also from the pets, where they can’t reach.
- Keep this medicine in a dry, and normal room temperature place. Also, make sure that there is no moisture in that place.
- Check the manufacturer date of the medicine, and threw away and dispose of all the expired medicine.
- Ask the pharmacy store or the company (from where you have bought the medicine) for the disposal process.
Side Symptoms of Ambien 0.5 mg
Zolpidem has some side effects, that vary from person to person. Some of the users find it very badly, and some of them experience the mild effect of Ambien 5 mg. Contact your doctor, if you are facing any one of the following side effects, after taking the 5 mg of Ambien.
- Allergic Issue: Rashes, itching, and swelling in the tooth, face, and throat.
- Anxiety Issue: Dizziness, trouble in breathing, panic attacks, aggressive behavior, agitation
- Mental Disorder: Mood swing, hallucination, Suicidal, and abnormal thought, aggressive behavior, confusion
Different Forms & Doses Of Ambien
The dose is available only in the form of oral tablet form. But it is used in two different types, extended-release tablets (XR), and only tablets. The 5 mg of zolpidem is only used in the form of a tablet. Normally the doctor suggests the dose to the people, according to the age generation, and gender like;
- For Children: It is strictly restricted for children.
- For Adults: The adult one can take a single dose per day at bedtime. It may be increased by the guidance of the doctor.
- For Women: The doctor recommends 5 mg (lower dose of Zolpidem) for the pill to the women. Because Ambien takes a long time to release from a female body.
- For Older Adults: For older adults, the dose will be the same as the adults.
Missed Dose & OverDose
Skip the missed dose, if it is nearer to the next dose. Or skip it because you may fall asleep after taking the pill. So remember to take the pill at right time regularly before going to the bed.
And don’t take an overdose of Ambien. This can harm you badly. So beware of that, and remember all the doses, you are taking.
What should you not mix with Ambien? (Drug Interaction)
Sometimes users make complaints, the medicine is not working properly or the medicine has extreme side effects, etc. But here we want to clear that, drug interaction has the capability to change the function of the medicine, and that can create a high risk of side effects. Some interactions cause the removal of zolpidem, and some cause serious side effects. Here is a clear table of drug interactions. Here you can know, what you need to avoid while taking Ambien.
|Drug Interaction causes for Zolpidem Removal||Drug interaction causes for Serious Side Effects|
|St. John’s Wort||Alcohol|
- If you have any allergic issues then consult with your doctor before taking Ambien 5 mg.
- Tell your medical history, especially if you have kidney, liver, mental, family disease, etc.
- If you have a lung breathing issue, it will be good to not take any pills for sleeping disorders. Still, you should ask your doctor once.
- If you are using a high dose of zolpidem, still not getting the result then you should be alerted. The medicine may be fake.
- Alcohol is the most dangerous thing, that causes serious side effects.
- Don’t drive or open any machinery after taking the pill. It will make you sleep.
- Try to avoid the medicine during the pregnancy period, or breastfeeding.
Frequently Asked Questions for Ambien 5 mg
We have answered some of the queries related to the Ambien 5 mg. These are the commonly asked question by the users that we have noticed. So read the faqs, may it will help to know more about the Ambien pill.
Is Ambien 5 mg enough?
Ambien 5 mg is enough for a patient in the primary stage, especially for women. The doctor can say what quantity of Ambien dose a user needs. And the dose considers according to age, condition of diseases, health functionality, etc.
How long does Ambien 5mg take to work?
Ambien takes a maximum of 30 minutes to start its effect and reaches the peak within 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Every dose of Ambien takes the same time to start its effect.
Is 5mg of Ambien Safe?
The lower dose of Ambien is 5 mg. It is safe to take the pill as per the doctor’s prescription. It has a short-time treatment to cure insomnia diseases. But if you have mild sleeping disorders then ask your doctor before taking the 5 mg of Ambien pill.
How long will Ambien keep you asleep?
Ambien can sleep you maximum of 12.5 hours per dose. And you can still find the Ambien dose in your bloodstream after 12.5 hours by a drug test. In the above, we have given a little overview of drug tests.
Can I cut Ambien in half?
It is not recommended to cut Ambien in half or to crush, chew it. Only follow the doctor’s prescription guidance to take the medicine in the right direction.